Fwd: Looking for a Costume Shop Manager - Summer Repertory Theatre

  • Tara Maginnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2007
      Please note, do not reply to me or this list, but contact Mr. Newman directly about this job if you feel you are qualified and interested.

      Newman James <jnewman@...> wrote: Subject: Looking for a Costume Shop Manager - Summer Repertory Theatre
      Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:08:46 -0700
      From: "Newman James" <jnewman@...>
      To: <tara@...>

      st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } Hello,

      My name is James Newman and I am the Artistic Director of Summer Repertory Theatre in Santa Rosa, CA. I am currently looking for a Costume Shop Manager for our upcoming summer season. We lost our previous Shop Manager due to a family emergency and so I am in a bit of a dire situation. Summer Repertory Theatre is an intensive training program that mounts five productions, which are performed in full rotating repertory. This season includes:

      The Mystery of Edwin Drood
      The Talented Mr. Ripley
      Studs Terkel’s Working
      Moliere’s Learned Ladies
      Tick…Tick…BOOM!

      I am looking for a faculty or staff member to run our shop, mentor students, and help guide company members to success. The time commitment is May 26th to August 13th (I might be able to be flexible with the end dates) and the pay is $6500-7500 for the summer. If you know anyone who might be interested please feel free to forward this on. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the below number.

      Thanks so much for your assistance.
      Sincerely,
      James Newman
      James Newman, Artistic Director
      Summer Repertory Theatre
      1501 Mendocino Avenue
      Santa Rosa, CA 95401
      (707) 527-4221
      jnewman@...

      P.S. Here is a little bit more about our program, or check us out on the web at www.summerrep.com :
      Summer Repertory Theatre (SRT) is a complete and extensive practicum in all aspects of stage production. The program combines the talents of the professional directing, design and production staff with outstanding students in acting, design, technical theatre, dance, music and management. The ensemble will mount five productions, which are performed in full rotating repertory six days a week beginning in mid June.
      Company members face the challenge of putting theory to the test and learning to work continuously under pressure in a professional system. SRT, located in the heart of the Sonoma County wine country, one hour north of San Francisco and forty-five minutes east of the beautiful Northern California coast is a well organized program. We offer high professional production values, and a positive and supportive work environment. The company also has the advantage of making contact with and working alongside professional staff members and other students from theatres and colleges throughout the country.
      Since 1971, SRT has enrolled over 6000 students who have received advanced training important to their professional goals. These students have gone on to employment with major schools, in the television and movie industry, and in theatres across the nation as teachers, actors, designers, technical directors, costumers, box office managers, theatre managers and directors. SRT is committed to helping our students further their careers once they leave SRT. Events to facilitate this will include auditions with area casting directors, portfolio review with visiting professionals, and targeted apprenticeships for our skilled artisans/technicians. SRT alumni have recently been employed with:
      § Oregon Shakespearean Festival
      § American Conservatory Theatre
      § Alabama Shakespeare
      § Oslo Conservatory
      § Denver Center for the Performing Arts
      § La Jolla Playhouse
      § Dallas Theatre Center
      § The National Tour of Mama Mia.
      SRT is a truly dynamic and unique program; it is a fantastic training ground, a great place to meet people and make connections, and home of some of the best theatre in the North Bay.

      --
      ----Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Professor & Costume Designer,
      Department of Theatre, University of Alaska Fairbanks