Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] wigs

  • Elizabeth Elwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2007
      I think the only way you are going to get a realistic approximation
      of what you need is to go and buy a nice long wig of good quality. I
      don't know if you can find one which is actually grey or "salt and
      pepper" or white... you may have to treat it with powder to grey it
      up (which will lose some of that real feel!) or find some other way
      to grey it (anyone got any ideas?).

      Anyway, you'll need to take this long straight wig, and put it into a
      bun yourself, then pin it all in place and fix it as solidly as you
      can to make sure it doesn't come undone again if you are using it
      several times. You can either do this in advance by fitting the wig
      to a glass head or wig stand, or you can do it on the head of the
      person wearing it. This latter option will give you a better idea of
      what it's going to look like on them, and allow you to make little
      detailed adjustments to suit their face better.

      Hope this helps!
      Bess.
      --
      Cote & Cutler Outfitters
      Historic Clothing, Accessories & Fine Fabrics

      Ph: +61 2 4782 7394