Nurses cap again

  • Sylvia Rognstad
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14 8:52 AM
      I was wrong when I asked if anyone had a pattern for a nurses cap. I
      looked at the photos I'm supposed to use for her uniform and I now see
      that the hat she wears is different. I've never seen one like this
      before and can't really tell what it looks like enough to make one.
      I'm posting 3 photos here:

      http://www.d-e-designs.com/nurses.jpg

      Can anyone help?

      Sylvia Rognstad
      Divinity Designs and Emeralds
      http://www.d-e-designs.com

    • calinda13
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14 9:52 AM
        It's going to be close to this
        http://www.rubylane.com/shops/nursingpins/item/974 only made in
        white. It's all in the way you tie it. If you need specific
        measurements I can the ones I have.

        Judy

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad
        <sylvia@...> wrote:

        > I was wrong when I asked if anyone had a pattern for a nurses
        cap. I
        > looked at the photos I'm supposed to use for her uniform and I
        now see
        > that the hat she wears is different. I've never seen one like
        this
        > before and can't really tell what it looks like enough to make
        one.
        > I'm posting 3 photos here:
        >
        > http://www.d-e-designs.com/nurses.jpg
        >
        > Can anyone help?
        >

        > Sylvia Rognstad
        > Divinity Designs and Emeralds
        > http://www.d-e-designs.com

      • Sylvia Rognstad
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14 10:27 AM
          So it's just tied? I would love specific measurements. Thank you!

          Sylvia

          On Mar 14, 2007, at 10:52 AM, calinda13 wrote:

          > It's going to be close to this
          > http://www.rubylane.com/shops/nursingpins/item/974 only made in
          > white. It's all in the way you tie it. If you need specific
          > measurements I can the ones I have.
          >
          > Judy
          >
          > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad
          > <sylvia@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I was wrong when I asked if anyone had a pattern for a nurses
          > cap. I
          > > looked at the photos I'm supposed to use for her uniform and I
          > now see
          > > that the hat she wears is different. I've never seen one like
          > this
          > > before and can't really tell what it looks like enough to make
          > one.
          > > I'm posting 3 photos here:
          > >
          > > http://www.d-e-designs.com/nurses.jpg
          > >
          > > Can anyone help?
          > >

          > > Sylvia Rognstad
          > > Divinity Designs and Emeralds
          > > http://www.d-e-designs.com

        • Judith Cataldo
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 14 6:32 PM
            I have 2 styles of cap. The easiest is the triangular style 38" hypotenuse
            and 20" deep. The blue triangle is a very fine cotton (see through) the
            white band is 20x4 folded over and whip stitched on to the long side of the
            triangle. The band is made of a handkerchief weight linen. The white band is
            then folded back-the way this one is stitched on it doesn't need top
            stitching. Position it on the head leaving the point of the triangle to the
            back and tie the ends at the back of the head lightly so it puffs up.
            I've added photos to the photo section under Red Cross Caps. Cap 1 is
            shaped and will take some thinking to describe. Cap 2 is the triangle.
            Cap 1 is made of a light royal blue cotton, looks almost polished cotton.
            The white band is wider and shorter than the other and is made of organdy.
            Photos at:

            Looking at various on-line photos and mine it seems these caps didn't have a
            standard pattern.

            Judy
            judycat@...
            Colonial Spinning Bee 5/20/07