Re: Scortched Organdy

  • themadcouture2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2007
      I hadn't thought about it in that way, so I'm going to try washing it.
      I didn't really want to do that, but I think because it isn't that
      heavy, it might just work!

      Thanks!!!

      Judy

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "bearhedded"
      <bearhedded@...> wrote:

      > Try washing it...hopefully, it's only the sizing that scorched.

    • Brad Gould
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2007
        If that doesn't work, try washing it with lemon juice. I'm going on my memory, but I think I read once about lemon juice helping take out scorch marks.

        Brad

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17, 2007
          Thanks Brad, someone else suggested that also on one of my other
          lists. I think it might be the acid in the lemon juice that does
          it.

          Appreciate your help folks.

          Judy

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Brad Gould
          <bradleyvictor@...> wrote:

          > If that doesn't work, try washing it with lemon juice. I'm going
          on my memory, but I think I read once about lemon juice helping take
          out scorch marks.

          > Brad

        • bearhedded
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 17, 2007
            ddlemmo sent this to me, and I don't see a copy here anywhere,
            so I'm sending it along to you!

            This is the first time I have ever replied to anyones questions.
            But if
            it is really 100% cotton then try washing it by hand in vivid or any
            other color safe bleach. Then take a white 100% cotton pressing
            cloth
            and soak it in hydrogen peroxide.  With your iron on the cotton
            setting
            lay the soaked pressing cloth over the scorched spot and place
            the hot
            iron on top of it.  Watch closely because there is a fine line
            between
            removing the scorching and making it worse.  If there was no
            structural
            damage to your fabric then this may work.  It sounds kind of
            weird I
            know.  But I've saved many, many ironing mistakes with this
            process.  I
            learned this from a book of recipes and helpful hints written by
            some
            local nuns.

            I've decided, all my dolls can iron their OWN stuff from now on!