Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] distressing

  • Margaret
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2007
      > I have created some lost boys costumes that need distressing. any
      > suggestions they are made of cotton fabiric witha white backgroun that
      > I want ot grey out.

      Put them on the Lost Boys and give them several pails of mud. Tell
      the Boys their playing for the Championship of the Universe. After the
      mud fight, put the costumes out in the sun for several days. Then wash
      them (the costumes, not the Boys) several times in the cheapest
      detergent you can find. That should get a good start on making them
      look naturally worn.

      --
      Margaret

      Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis
      Conloquium Currus....
    • The Costume Shop
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2007
        Hi, All,
        This may be the last message I will write on Walmart's decision to stop selling fabric. I was told the last time I bought fabric at our local super store Walmart that they are recinding their decision and will keep the fabric area open as usual. The person I spoke to said that she had been informed that she must have misinterpreted the memo she received. She knows she did not . But the upshop of all the people signing petitions and calling the office is that Walmart is now going to retain their fabric areas but will not included them in any future stores that they build. Hope this is the final word on the subject.