Re: Fake Acid Wash

  • chatteutile
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
      I've had a similar problem and finally resorted to pool chlorine --
      it's strong stuff.

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "David" <djuby@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have any ideas as to how to take regular jeans and make
      > them look acid washed? We have tried bleach and colour remover and the
      > result just isn't convincing enough.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > David

    • Rebecca
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2007
        There used to be a DIY kit but I can't find it anywhere. I guess it's
        too out of fashion.

        Here's a cute - maybe not what you're looking for but maybe helpful -
        site:

        http://www.sptimes.com/2003/10/13/Xpress/Making_the_fade.shtml

        ~ Becky

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "David" <djuby@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have any ideas as to how to take regular jeans and make
        > them look acid washed? We have tried bleach and colour remover and the
        > result just isn't convincing enough.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > David

      • Diana Kaleem Anjum
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2007
          to get a more sincere acid wash use lemon dishwasher detergent. flick it with a paint brush and a fork set in the sun overnight and wash . Diana Louisville Ky

          Rebecca <beckyswebdesign@...> wrote: There used to be a DIY kit but I can't find it anywhere. I guess it's
          too out of fashion.

          Here's a cute - maybe not what you're looking for but maybe helpful -
          site:

          http://www.sptimes.com/2003/10/13/Xpress/Making_the_fade.shtml

          ~ Becky

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "David" <djuby@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone have any ideas as to how to take regular jeans and make
          > them look acid washed? We have tried bleach and colour remover and the
          > result just isn't convincing enough.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > David

          FREE Ads sell your stuff to others threwout kentuckiana!