Fake Acid Wash

  • David
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
      Does anyone have any ideas as to how to take regular jeans and make
      them look acid washed? We have tried bleach and colour remover and the
      result just isn't convincing enough.

      Thanks,
      David
    • chatteutile
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
        I've had a similar problem and finally resorted to pool chlorine --
        it's strong stuff.

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "David" <djuby@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have any ideas as to how to take regular jeans and make
        > them look acid washed? We have tried bleach and colour remover and the
        > result just isn't convincing enough.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > David

      • Rebecca
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2007
          There used to be a DIY kit but I can't find it anywhere. I guess it's
          too out of fashion.

          Here's a cute - maybe not what you're looking for but maybe helpful -
          site:

          http://www.sptimes.com/2003/10/13/Xpress/Making_the_fade.shtml

          ~ Becky

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "David" <djuby@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone have any ideas as to how to take regular jeans and make
          > them look acid washed? We have tried bleach and colour remover and the
          > result just isn't convincing enough.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > David

        • Diana Kaleem Anjum
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 14, 2007
            to get a more sincere acid wash use lemon dishwasher detergent. flick it with a paint brush and a fork set in the sun overnight and wash . Diana Louisville Ky

            Rebecca <beckyswebdesign@...> wrote: There used to be a DIY kit but I can't find it anywhere. I guess it's
            too out of fashion.

            Here's a cute - maybe not what you're looking for but maybe helpful -
            site:

            http://www.sptimes.com/2003/10/13/Xpress/Making_the_fade.shtml

            ~ Becky

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "David" <djuby@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone have any ideas as to how to take regular jeans and make
            > them look acid washed? We have tried bleach and colour remover and the
            > result just isn't convincing enough.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > David

            FREE Ads sell your stuff to others threwout kentuckiana!