Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] make-up

  • Costume Gallery
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2007
      Try backstage prosthetics in Canada. I have used them and they are
      great.

      On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:46 PM, teelabythesea wrote:

      > i know that this is off the subject but does anyone know of a website
      > or a group that can help me with this upcoming project. i need to add
      > prosthetics to a thin face to make it look "fat" - think: "shallow
      > hal"
      > here on the stage. any help would be wonderful! thanks te

    • Rev. Cleve Hall
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2007
        Burman Industries in N. Hollywood has some very good quality pre made foam latex
        appliences... don't know if they have fat cheeks though, but you might want to check.
        www.burmanfoam.com. Company was started by EFX master Tom Burman, so the quality has
        always been good.

        Cleve Hall

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "teelabythesea" <teelabythesea@...>
        wrote:

        > i know that this is off the subject but does anyone know of a website
        > or a group that can help me with this upcoming project. i need to add
        > prosthetics to a thin face to make it look "fat" - think: "shallow hal"
        > here on the stage. any help would be wonderful! thanks te

      • teela depond
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 9, 2007
          thank you rev. cleve hall for the lead on facial appliances at burman industries. we're sending someone over there tomorrow! thank you! te

          "Rev. Cleve Hall" <mechagothzilla@...> wrote: Burman Industries in N. Hollywood has some very good quality pre made foam latex

          wrote:

          > i know that this is off the subject but does anyone know of a website
          > or a group that can help me with this upcoming project. i need to add
          > prosthetics to a thin face to make it look "fat" - think: "shallow hal"
          > here on the stage. any help would be wonderful! thanks te

          Teela

        • rosie
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 11, 2007

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 11, 2007
              --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, teela depond
              <teelabythesea@...> wrote:

              > thank you rev. cleve hall for the lead on facial appliances at
              burman industries. we're sending someone over there tomorrow! thank
              you! te

              If you are sending someone over in personthen check out Friends Beauty
              Supply in North Hollywood on Lankershim and also Naimies beauty supply
              on Victory Blvd in Van nuys. these places supply the world with all
              forms of make up for the movies and carry a line of premade prosthetic
              appliances.
              love
              rosie
            • cleve hall
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 13, 2007
                Actually, Naimie, who used to be partnered with
                Frend's, split off.. they bought out Burman a year or
                so ago but that location deals exclusively with EFX
                make up supplies, while Namie's "Superstore" is more
                like a Walmart of make up (and, unfortunately, I have
                found that it is rather difficult to locate anyone who
                works there that is very knowledgable about their
                products).

                Frend's, on the other hand, is a great old make up
                institution and has been there forever.

                Rev. Cleve

                --- rosie <rosie_cd2004@...> wrote:

                > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, teela
                > depond
                > <teelabythesea@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > thank you rev. cleve hall for the lead on facial
                > appliances at
                > burman industries. we're sending someone over there
                > tomorrow! thank
                > you! te
                > >
                > If you are sending someone over in personthen check
                > out Friends Beauty
                > Supply in North Hollywood on Lankershim and also
                > Naimies beauty supply
                > on Victory Blvd in Van nuys. these places supply
                > the world with all
                > forms of make up for the movies and carry a line of
                > premade prosthetic
                > appliances.
                > love
                > rosie

                Don't pick lemons.
                See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
                http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
              • teela depond
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 13, 2007
                  thank you. unfortunately, person we sent got the flu(!) during this search and find mission.
                  we're back on it asap when we return to town. i'll check out the websites.