make-up

  • teelabythesea
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2007
      i know that this is off the subject but does anyone know of a website
      or a group that can help me with this upcoming project. i need to add
      prosthetics to a thin face to make it look "fat" - think: "shallow hal"
      here on the stage. any help would be wonderful! thanks te
    • Brad Gould
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2007
        Here are some places to start...

        http://www.fxsupply.com/
        http://www.smooth-on.com/default.htm

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2007
          Try backstage prosthetics in Canada. I have used them and they are
          great.

          On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:46 PM, teelabythesea wrote:

          > i know that this is off the subject but does anyone know of a website
          > or a group that can help me with this upcoming project. i need to add
          > prosthetics to a thin face to make it look "fat" - think: "shallow
          > hal"
          > here on the stage. any help would be wonderful! thanks te

        • Rev. Cleve Hall
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 7, 2007
            Burman Industries in N. Hollywood has some very good quality pre made foam latex
            appliences... don't know if they have fat cheeks though, but you might want to check.
            www.burmanfoam.com. Company was started by EFX master Tom Burman, so the quality has
            always been good.

            Cleve Hall

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "teelabythesea" <teelabythesea@...>
            wrote:

            > i know that this is off the subject but does anyone know of a website
            > or a group that can help me with this upcoming project. i need to add
            > prosthetics to a thin face to make it look "fat" - think: "shallow hal"
            > here on the stage. any help would be wonderful! thanks te

          • teela depond
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 9, 2007
              thank you rev. cleve hall for the lead on facial appliances at burman industries. we're sending someone over there tomorrow! thank you! te

              "Rev. Cleve Hall" <mechagothzilla@...> wrote: Burman Industries in N. Hollywood has some very good quality pre made foam latex

              wrote:

              > i know that this is off the subject but does anyone know of a website
              > or a group that can help me with this upcoming project. i need to add
              > prosthetics to a thin face to make it look "fat" - think: "shallow hal"
              > here on the stage. any help would be wonderful! thanks te

              Teela

            • rosie
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 11, 2007

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 11, 2007
                  --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, teela depond
                  <teelabythesea@...> wrote:

                  > thank you rev. cleve hall for the lead on facial appliances at
                  burman industries. we're sending someone over there tomorrow! thank
                  you! te

                  If you are sending someone over in personthen check out Friends Beauty
                  Supply in North Hollywood on Lankershim and also Naimies beauty supply
                  on Victory Blvd in Van nuys. these places supply the world with all
                  forms of make up for the movies and carry a line of premade prosthetic
                  appliances.
                  love
                  rosie
                • cleve hall
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 13, 2007
                    Actually, Naimie, who used to be partnered with
                    Frend's, split off.. they bought out Burman a year or
                    so ago but that location deals exclusively with EFX
                    make up supplies, while Namie's "Superstore" is more
                    like a Walmart of make up (and, unfortunately, I have
                    found that it is rather difficult to locate anyone who
                    works there that is very knowledgable about their
                    products).

                    Frend's, on the other hand, is a great old make up
                    institution and has been there forever.

                    Rev. Cleve

                    --- rosie <rosie_cd2004@...> wrote:

                    > --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, teela
                    > depond
                    > <teelabythesea@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > thank you rev. cleve hall for the lead on facial
                    > appliances at
                    > burman industries. we're sending someone over there
                    > tomorrow! thank
                    > you! te
                    > >
                    > If you are sending someone over in personthen check
                    > out Friends Beauty
                    > Supply in North Hollywood on Lankershim and also
                    > Naimies beauty supply
                    > on Victory Blvd in Van nuys. these places supply
                    > the world with all
                    > forms of make up for the movies and carry a line of
                    > premade prosthetic
                    > appliances.
                    > love
                    > rosie

                    Don't pick lemons.
                    See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
                    http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
                  • teela depond
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 13, 2007
                      thank you. unfortunately, person we sent got the flu(!) during this search and find mission.
                      we're back on it asap when we return to town. i'll check out the websites.