Re: PVC Sewing Help

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7 1:08 AM
      Hi, a question I think I can help with. I have an industrial Singer
      machine which has a very even feed, and I still had problems
      with "bunching" on seams. Most PVC is a little stretchy, so that is
      one issue. The other is that the shiny side is prone to sticking to
      any surface it comes in contact with. I had success with the teflon
      coated foot on the machine, slightly decreasing the presser foot
      pressure AND using light tissue paper between the bed of the machine
      and the fabric all at the same time! A lot of trouble but the results
      justified it. The client wanted thigh high stretch PVC boots for her
      40th birthday party, the theme was "your alter ego" and she wanted to
      be a dominatrix. I admire those people who sew lots of PVC, I guess
      you would just used to handling it, I've heard that teflon spray is
      good, does it leave a bad residue on the fabric? Powder is not an
      option with industrial machines as it fouls the oil bath under the
      machine. Good luck, Christine in Sydney Australia.