Re: How Did You Get Started as Costume Designers?

  • Rev. Cleve Hall
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2007
      For me it was seeing my first GODZILLA movie in '64 (GODZILLA vs.
      the THING ... Mothra) when I was little. I wanted to make monsters
      ever since. When I made the suit and played Godzilla in PEE WEE'S
      BIG ADVENTURE, I could have died that day and felt I had
      accomplished what I set out to do in life!

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Ashley"
      <abellet@...> wrote:

      > Well, I think it depends on which direction you want to go. I've
      > always wanted to be a university teacher and designer, so I found
      my
      > way up through the education system. In graduate school I had to
      > face the fact that I am an excellent communicator, craftswoman,
      and
      > artist- however I will always have to work a bit harder on my
      > stitching. Also, I love scene design just as much as costumes:
      now I