Black Parasols

  • nomacproductions2002
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 26, 2007
      I'm looking for black parasols for a production of'My Fair Lady'
      Can anyone direct me as to where I can purchase same.
      They need to have long handles. Rubies used to supply but have
      discontinued this item.
      Appreciate any help you can give.
      Thanks.
      Blanaid
    • Susan Cassidy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 27, 2007
        I found one on Ebay at the following store. Perhaps she could fabricate as
        many as you need:

        http://stores.ebay.com/Calico-Lassie-1800s-Victorian-Goods_Parasols_W0QQcolZ
        4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ6QQftidZ2QQtZkm

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 27, 2007
          http://www.frankbeecostume.com/silkparasol.html or http://www.frankbeecostume.com/laceparasol.html

          Lace @ $9.95 - http://www.theatrehouse.net/mm5/merchant.mvc
          I'm looking for black parasols for a production of'My Fair Lady'
          Can anyone direct me as to where I can purchase same.
          They need to have long handles. Rubies used to supply but have
          discontinued this item.
          Appreciate any help you can give.
          Thanks.
          Blanaid

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • bearhedded
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2007
            Wheneve I have to find something specific, like a black parasol, I
            google the phraze, and hit the IMAGES search. It cuts through a
            lot of the web-detritus much faster!

            Here are a few sites that turned up for "black parasol":
            https://id361.securedata.net/necromance/catalogue.php?categor
            y=accessories they have 4 styles for $35 each. not too shabby!

            http://www.sarasparasols.com/ has those nylon ones for the
            same price, and,
            http://www.displaycostume.com/Umbrellas-p1-c-67.html has
            them for $18....

            There were 5 pages of info, not all of it useful, but you can see,
            right off, which sites will be useless!

            Hope this helps

          • The Costume Shop
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2007
              There is a company I have been using since my college days in Covington, Kentucky. They have a great catalogue with lots of props, theatrical fabrics, tights, gels for your lights, and sound effects. They probably have a whole lot more too. The point I am taking so long to make ( sorry) is that they carry parasols in different fabrics and colors and they don't cost an arm and a leg. They all have long handles and some are made of nylon fabric , others are blak lace. The email address iswww.theatrehouse.com . Ask for a catalogue . It is always good to have on hand for emergencies. Hope this helps.

            • ~lisa.s
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 27, 2007
                I was going to mention Theatre House too. I've used their parasols for
                the Ascot number in "Fair Lady" and they worked well. Several we glammed
                up a bit, wanting 'nicer' fabric, so we used the original fabric cover
                as the pattern.

                > www.theatrehouse.com

                ~lisa.s

                --
                * llsturts@...
              • teelabythesea
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
                  oops! i just bought black lace parasols from a website:---
                  http://www.theatrehouse.net/

                  for a production..i joined this site to find answers but i see many
                  people are looking for some of the same stuff i'm doing at the moment.
                  te