Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: Special Olympics

  • Kat Hannon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2007
      Don't know where on LI you are, but Adelphi (my alma mater) and Hofstra both have excellent theatre depts, have lots of students eager to learn, are used to working with little or no budget under tight deadlines.

      Further out on the Island is Stonybrook - not sure about their fine arts program, been quite a few years since I've been down that way, and on the other end is Queensborough Community College - my first alma mater.

      I'd stick to the Universities and Colleges, they won't rip you off and you can keep in contact with them easy enough - there might even be one that HAS a polar bear as a mascot for one of their teams.

      Best of luck!

      Tara Maginnis <thecostumersmanifesto@...> wrote:
      Well if you write that up pretty close to what you write here, so it isn't seen as somebody flaming and venting to the list, I expect any one of my moderators won't try to block you. I know from our correspondence this is not something where you are going off half cocked. As I recall you have been trying to get this dealt with since early last summer at least. TO THE LIST: So if anybody out there wants to help this poor guy get his mascot for the Special Olympics done, please help him out.

      Rolhcky104@... wrote: What I put in was my third try in finding help with making a polar bear costume for our polar events for special olympics on long island. Special Olympics New York Polar Plunge
      I explained that with the first try I got a response and was working with one of the costume people who was going to donate the costume. After a period of time for no known reason, contact stopped and I never heard from them again. I then tried again and got another answer that it could be done for the cost of supplies. Again I thanked the person a hundred times over and I wrote a personal check for $200 and things seem to be going fine until it came time to deliver. Again the costumer stopped contact.

      --
      ----Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Professor & Costume Designer,
      Department of Theatre, University of Alaska Fairbanks

      =^.^=

      "If a man could be crossed with a cat,
      It would improve the man,
      but it would deteriorate the cat."