Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Redesigning the costume shop!

  • Robert Goodwin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2007
      > Every stitcher's dream. So we've got the money, we've got the block
      > of time- now we're working out the details. I'd love to hear how you
      > all have managed your difficult storage pieces, IE shoes, handbags,

      When I was going to RIT in Rochester, NY, around 1983-87, I spent a bit of
      time in the NTID Theatre, now the Robert E. Panara Theatre. Their costume
      or sewing shop was always a bit of a mess. They usually had around 3-5
      shelves connected to the wall, loaded with filled labeled boxes.

      Another place had them in those clear plastic bins you can find in most
      discount stores, labeled and so on.

      Would it be possible to turn some of those weird angles starting around
      several feet from the floor to the ceiling into shelving? Underneath the
      longer shelves you can have fluorescent lighting for extra light in places
      that need it like sewing machines?