Intro

  • dakotarose141
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2 10:43 AM
      Hi! I am new to the group and was wondering if anyone could help
      me. I have been put in charge of finding the correct costumes worn
      by English Bobbies during the Dickens era. We are using the 1843-
      1870 time frame. I need to find patterns for the outfits they wore
      as well as the Bobbie hats, I believe they are called that. Can
      anyone help me please?

      Thanks in advance.
      Lydia
    • naughtyteaspoon
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5 12:50 PM
        I thought bobbies sounded interesting so I looked it up
        in 'dictionary of costume and fashion' by m pickens.

        It wasnt there.

        So I looked on the web and saw that bobbies are police. I
        found a little bit about them.
        A book:
        http://www.ohiostatepress.org/f98/Milcox.htm

        A site with a picture: