Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Basic sewing project

  • drjlm
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
      What is a ditty bag?

      Michelle Davidson <adastra33@...> wrote: I second Loretta: rehearsal skirts and ditty bags.
      --Michelle

      --- Loretta Armstrong <laminathegreat@...>
      wrote:

      > Rehersal skirts and ditty bags. Both meet all
      > qualifications. 8-)
      > Loretta
      >
      > ksvach <ksvach@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have an idea for a
      > beginning sewing project for college
      > students that covers all the basics, and would
      > either be something the
      > students would like to keep, or something that
      > could be put to use in
      > the costume shop? I would like it to involve a
      > couple of hand sewing
      > stitches, cutting it out, pinning, machine sewing,
      > and maybe some hand
      > sewn closures. I don't think we need to do
      > zippers.
      >

      > Lots o' lamina....
      > laminathegreat.etsy.com
      > laminathegreat.livejournal.com
      > and maybe sometime again...soon.
      > www.laminathegreat.com

      > removed]

      In the name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Garlic Toast, RAmen.
      http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Loretta Armstrong
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
        It's a bag that hangs on a hanger. It has room for shoes, jewlery, underthings, and anything else that is hard to hang up. It gets hung up next to the costumes (hence the hanger) so you don't loose anything. At least that is the idea. I found they are great for dancers because sometimes leotards and tap pants just don't hang well. Hm, I can't find a pcture online anywhere. I have instructions if anyone wants them (be warned they were written for middle school...)
        Loretta

        drjlm <drjlm@...> wrote: What is a ditty bag?

        Michelle Davidson

        Lots o' lamina....
        laminathegreat.etsy.com
        laminathegreat.livejournal.com
        and maybe sometime again...soon.
        www.laminathegreat.com

      • sewinmommy
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
          I would very much like a copy of those instructions if you don't
          mind. thank you

          -- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Loretta Armstrong
          <laminathegreat@...> wrote:

          > It's a bag that hangs on a hanger. It has room for shoes, jewlery,
          underthings, and anything else that is hard to hang up. It gets hung
          up next to the costumes (hence the hanger) so you don't loose
          anything. At least that is the idea. I found they are great for
          dancers because sometimes leotards and tap pants just don't hang
          well. Hm, I can't find a pcture online anywhere. I have instructions
          if anyone wants them (be warned they were written for middle
          school...)
          > Loretta
          >
          > drjlm <drjlm@...> wrote: What is
          a ditty bag?

          > Michelle Davidson
          >

          > Lots o' lamina....
          > laminathegreat.etsy.com
          > laminathegreat.livejournal.com
          > and maybe sometime again...soon.
          > www.laminathegreat.com

        • Michelle Davidson
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
            In my shop, that is what we call the accessory bags we
            hang with the costumes. It is basically a bag of
            muslin with many pockets (for shoes, jewelry, etc.)
            and loops (for belts, ties, etc.) that fits over a
            hanger and keeps things from getting lost. Simple and
            useful.
            --Michelle

            --- drjlm <drjlm@...> wrote:

            > What is a ditty bag?
            >
            > Michelle Davidson <adastra33@...> wrote:
            > I second Loretta: rehearsal skirts and ditty
            > bags.
            > --Michelle
            >
            > --- Loretta Armstrong <laminathegreat@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Rehersal skirts and ditty bags. Both meet all
            > > qualifications. 8-)
            > > Loretta
            > >
            > > ksvach <ksvach@...> wrote:
            > > Does anyone have an idea for a
            > > beginning sewing project for college
            > > students that covers all the basics, and would
            > > either be something the
            > > students would like to keep, or something that
            > > could be put to use in
            > > the costume shop? I would like it to involve a
            > > couple of hand sewing
            > > stitches, cutting it out, pinning, machine sewing,
            > > and maybe some hand
            > > sewn closures. I don't think we need to do
            > > zippers.
            > >

            > > Lots o' lamina....
            > > laminathegreat.etsy.com
            > > laminathegreat.livejournal.com
            > > and maybe sometime again...soon.
            > > www.laminathegreat.com

            > > removed]
            > >

            > In the name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of
            > the Garlic Toast, RAmen.
            > http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            > removed]

            In the name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Garlic Toast, RAmen.
            http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

            Want to start your own business?
            Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
            http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
          • Nightwing Whitehead
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
              Me too :-]

              sewinmommy <Kmaxfield@...> wrote: I would very much like a copy of those instructions if you don't

              <laminathegreat@...> wrote:

              > It's a bag that hangs on a hanger. It has room for shoes, jewlery,
              underthings, and anything else that is hard to hang up. It gets hung
              up next to the costumes (hence the hanger) so you don't loose
              anything. At least that is the idea. I found they are great for
              dancers because sometimes leotards and tap pants just don't hang
              well. Hm, I can't find a pcture online anywhere. I have instructions
              if anyone wants them (be warned they were written for middle
              school...)
              > Loretta
              >
              > drjlm <drjlm@...> wrote: What is
              a ditty bag?

              > Michelle Davidson
              >

              > Lots o' lamina....
              > laminathegreat.etsy.com
              > laminathegreat.livejournal.com
              > and maybe sometime again...soon.
              > www.laminathegreat.com

              Nightwing Whitehead Fashion Designer www.nightwingwhitehead.com by appointment 860-402-0847

            • Theresa
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
                Me three <G>
                Theresa

                <laminathegreat@...> wrote:

                > It's a bag that hangs on a hanger. It has room for shoes, jewlery,
                underthings, and anything else that is hard to hang up. It gets hung
                up next to the costumes (hence the hanger) so you don't loose
                anything. At least that is the idea. I found they are great for
                dancers because sometimes leotards and tap pants just don't hang
                well. Hm, I can't find a pcture online anywhere. I have instructions
                if anyone wants them (be warned they were written for middle
                school...)
                > Loretta
                >
                > drjlm <drjlm@...> wrote: What is
                a ditty bag?

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 13, 2006
                  Thank you :)

                  Loretta Armstrong <laminathegreat@...> wrote: It's a bag that hangs on a hanger. It has room for shoes, jewlery, underthings, and anything else that is hard to hang up. It gets hung up next to the costumes (hence the hanger) so you don't loose anything. At least that is the idea. I found they are great for dancers because sometimes leotards and tap pants just don't hang well. Hm, I can't find a pcture online anywhere. I have instructions if anyone wants them (be warned they were written for middle school...)
                  Loretta

                  drjlm <drjlm@...> wrote: What is a ditty bag?

                  Michelle Davidson

                  Lots o' lamina....
                  laminathegreat.etsy.com
                  laminathegreat.livejournal.com
                  and maybe sometime again...soon.
                  www.laminathegreat.com

                • Karen
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 21, 2006
                    we also used them as deviders for the actors. We would safty-pin the
                    actors name on the bag. Everyone was to hang their items behind
                    their bag.