Re: Help Needed With Suit Extras

  • bearhedded
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
      It looks like a pretty straight-forward fitted tunic with a peplum to
      me....have you looked at commercial patterns, like Vogue, for
      something that is close, that you could adapt?

      There's a livejournal group called, "fursuit", that may have
      specific info, too.
    • Renee Schmutz-Sowards
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
        This is just my opinion, but from looking at the pic it looks less like a tunic with a peplum and more of a simple jacket (with muy muy trim down the front) that's is just cinched in at the waist with the belt, giving it the look of a peplum.

        Now I'm not sure what the pattern numbers were, but I think I saw some jackets really similar to these in the Vogue pattern book I was pouring over this weekend at JoAnne Fabrics.

        Anyways, if it was me, that is where I would start...checking out jacket patterns and diddling and altering them from there.

        Good luck, looks fun :)
        Renee

        cosplaygirl12f@... wrote: Hi
        I have come up against a problem with my proposed Fursuit and the
        "extra" things that I cannot seem to solve with the research that I
        have been doing into it.
        I am looking for some help in finding a pattern for the TUNIC ... in
        the artwork for the suit that I am building. Someone suggested that
        it is similar to 15th Century French Military uniforms, but I have
        not been able to find anything similar while searching through the
        library or the net. Hopefully someone here can give me a pointer to
        something I can use.
        Here is a link to the Artwork for the
        suit: http://www.geocities.com/kliah_ts/Chasseuse.jpg

        Thank you,

        Kliah Denise

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 18, 2006
          The skirt on the jacket can be drafted into the front or can be attached as a peplum.
          Either way because the seam would be covered by the belt.
          You will get better curves for a Women's cut man tailored suit if you make it as a peplum.
          Your big problem will be making the suit front to ride smoothly over the breast.
          Ambitious project, good luck.