Help Needed With Suit Extras

  • cosplaygirl12f@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
      Hi
      I have come up against a problem with my proposed Fursuit and the
      "extra" things that I cannot seem to solve with the research that I
      have been doing into it.
      I am looking for some help in finding a pattern for the TUNIC ... in
      the artwork for the suit that I am building. Someone suggested that
      it is similar to 15th Century French Military uniforms, but I have
      not been able to find anything similar while searching through the
      library or the net. Hopefully someone here can give me a pointer to
      something I can use.
      Here is a link to the Artwork for the
      suit: http://www.geocities.com/kliah_ts/Chasseuse.jpg

      Thank you,

      Kliah Denise
    • bearhedded
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
        It looks like a pretty straight-forward fitted tunic with a peplum to
        me....have you looked at commercial patterns, like Vogue, for
        something that is close, that you could adapt?

        There's a livejournal group called, "fursuit", that may have
        specific info, too.
      • Renee Schmutz-Sowards
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
          This is just my opinion, but from looking at the pic it looks less like a tunic with a peplum and more of a simple jacket (with muy muy trim down the front) that's is just cinched in at the waist with the belt, giving it the look of a peplum.

          Now I'm not sure what the pattern numbers were, but I think I saw some jackets really similar to these in the Vogue pattern book I was pouring over this weekend at JoAnne Fabrics.

          Anyways, if it was me, that is where I would start...checking out jacket patterns and diddling and altering them from there.

          Good luck, looks fun :)
          Renee

          cosplaygirl12f@... wrote: Hi
          I have come up against a problem with my proposed Fursuit and the
          "extra" things that I cannot seem to solve with the research that I
          have been doing into it.
          I am looking for some help in finding a pattern for the TUNIC ... in
          the artwork for the suit that I am building. Someone suggested that
          it is similar to 15th Century French Military uniforms, but I have
          not been able to find anything similar while searching through the
          library or the net. Hopefully someone here can give me a pointer to
          something I can use.
          Here is a link to the Artwork for the
          suit: http://www.geocities.com/kliah_ts/Chasseuse.jpg

          Thank you,

          Kliah Denise

        • Joe
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 18, 2006
            The skirt on the jacket can be drafted into the front or can be attached as a peplum.
            Either way because the seam would be covered by the belt.
            You will get better curves for a Women's cut man tailored suit if you make it as a peplum.
            Your big problem will be making the suit front to ride smoothly over the breast.
            Ambitious project, good luck.