Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Creative Crystal link

  • Sylvia Rognstad
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
      Is this what they use for figure skating costumes? I was just watching
      a competition recently and was wondering how they got all those
      rhinestones on the fabric.

      Sylrog

      On Dec 3, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Costume Gallery wrote:

      > This company sells the heat set crystals that hold up to multiple
      > wearings and washings.
      > Begin forwarded message:
      >
      > > From: "Creative Crystal Co." <crystalinfo@...>
      > > Date: December 1, 2006 11:11:42 AM EST
      > > To: costumegallery@...
      > > Subject: $3.00 Shipping Plus Free Scissor Pal!
      > >
      > > If you are unable to see message below, please click here.
      > >
      > > About Us
      > > Testimonials
      > > Press
      > > As Seen On
      > > 1-800-578-0716
      > > Everyday 8am-12am
      > > BeJewelers® Swarovski® Crystal Kits & Patterns Iron on Metals
      > > Do It Yourself Search
      > >

      > > ®Copyright 2004 - 2006, Creative Crystal® div Haute Mode, Inc. All
      > > Rights Reserved Creative Crystal(s)® and BeJeweler(s)® are
      > > registered trademarks of Haute Mode, Inc.
      > >

      > > If you feel that you have received this message in error, or if you
      > > no longer wish to receive these emails, please click here.
      >
      > Costume Gallery
      > 638 Monmouth Street
      > Newport, Kentucky 41071
      > 859-655-9419
      > www.costumegallery-newport.com

    • Curtis
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sylvia Rognstad
        <sylvia@...> wrote:

        > Is this what they use for figure skating costumes? I was just
        watching
        > a competition recently and was wondering how they got all those
        > rhinestones on the fabric.

        We used heat-set stones when we did the costumes for the Paralympics
        opening ceremonies. I've used them a lot on other costumes,
        too...they're a little more expensive than regular stones, but I
        consider the extra cost to be well worth the convenience of working
        with them.
      • Kristen Van Fleet
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2006
          As a skating costumer for National level skaters, I
          use E-6000 with any Swarovski flat back style stones
          for quick adhesion. a better adhesion is Aileen's
          jewl-It, but it takes 2 weeks to completely dry, then
          another 2-3 months to stop feeling tacky. The Aileen's
          jewel-it holds stones better longer, and doesn't have
          the "Cancer Causing" fumes of E-6000. Swarovski
          stones are bettr quality and don't un-foil and fall
          off like the Checko cheapies.

          hot fix is great, but if the heat-gun is not held for
          a minimum of 30 seconds+ per stone, they can pop-off
          the stretch fabrics.

          Cheers!

          http://mail.yahoo.com