Vintage clothing that is shredding

  • Betsy Santow
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hi! Need some advise... I have a mourning blouse and skirt from the
      1900's and the skirt is starting to split(shred). Is there anything I
      can do to reenforce it so it won't shred any further. I'm guessing that
      it may be rayon? It's an outfit I have on display at my house not a
      museum or anything...It's just for me, but I hate to see it fall
      apart... Any advise?
      Thanks
      Betsy