Great Hats

  • Rebecca Ermisch
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2000
      Hi!
      Last Sunday on CBS's Sunday Morning show did a segment on the
      publishing of a new book - " Crowns: A Portrait of Black Women in
      Church." It is a book with portarits of lovely African American women
      from all walks of life in the most glorious hats you have ever seen.
      It is a tradition in their culture and some are one of a kind
      designs.There is also a written portrait of each individual woman.
      You should check it out. I think it would be a great Gift for any one
      to add to their costume library.
    • PioneerVillageCC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2000
        Morning,

              I saw that segment........amazing assortment!!! Does anyone know where
        I can get "blanks" of different hats? Mostly straw for 1790 to 1820 type?
        They sell them in catalogs but I want to buy bulk for our reenacting Village.
        Thanks in advance,
        Lynn