Re: Hats, anyone?

  • Costume Lady
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "nelkiegrl"
      <nelkiegrl@...> wrote:

      > Hello! I have to make a Nutcracker bucket-type-military-victorian era
      > hat..and truthfully, I have hit a creative bump..no, not a bump, a
      huge
      > towering wall..I am not used to making hats from scratch, I have done
      > it- but would rather try something else. Any ideas? Please!!
      > Thanks..Nikki.

      Have you tried searching the web for vintage military hats. There are
      a lot of websites out there that carry such items. Or even check Ebay
      vintage clothing.

      Cindy
    • metholhill
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
        <nelkiegrl@...> wrote:

        > Hello! I have to make a Nutcracker bucket-type-military-victorian era
        > hat..and truthfully, I have hit a creative bump..no, not a bump, a
        huge
        > towering wall..I am not used to making hats from scratch, I have done
        > it- but would rather try something else. Any ideas? Please!!
        > Thanks..Nikki.

        Hi Nikki, I had to make hats for the Music Man which are similar, I
        used old top hats and just cut the brim off and used cheap costume shop
        Police hat brims to attach to the front of the bucket, covered the hat
        with fabric in the colour I needed and voila! Hope this helps.
        Patricia - Costume Lady Creations
      • nelkiegrl
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
          Thanks you guys!! I feel like I definitely have some options now. I'll
          let you know how it turns out. -Nikki