Hats, anyone?

  • nelkiegrl
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2006
      Hello! I have to make a Nutcracker bucket-type-military-victorian era
      hat..and truthfully, I have hit a creative bump..no, not a bump, a huge
      towering wall..I am not used to making hats from scratch, I have done
      it- but would rather try something else. Any ideas? Please!!
      Thanks..Nikki.
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
        http://www.19thus.com/images/tombstone_shako_pattern_1_sq_1_in.jpg
        Copy an paste this URL into your browser. This site has a variety of
        uniform patterns to complete your Nutcracker. Post pics and let us see
        how it comes out.
        Tom

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "nelkiegrl"
        <nelkiegrl@...> wrote:

        > Hello! I have to make a Nutcracker bucket-type-military-victorian era
        > hat..and truthfully, I have hit a creative bump..no, not a bump, a
        huge
        > towering wall..I am not used to making hats from scratch, I have done
        > it- but would rather try something else. Any ideas? Please!!
        > Thanks..Nikki.

      • Costume Lady
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
          <nelkiegrl@...> wrote:

          > Hello! I have to make a Nutcracker bucket-type-military-victorian era
          > hat..and truthfully, I have hit a creative bump..no, not a bump, a
          huge
          > towering wall..I am not used to making hats from scratch, I have done
          > it- but would rather try something else. Any ideas? Please!!
          > Thanks..Nikki.

          Have you tried searching the web for vintage military hats. There are
          a lot of websites out there that carry such items. Or even check Ebay
          vintage clothing.

          Cindy
        • metholhill
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
            <nelkiegrl@...> wrote:

            > Hello! I have to make a Nutcracker bucket-type-military-victorian era
            > hat..and truthfully, I have hit a creative bump..no, not a bump, a
            huge
            > towering wall..I am not used to making hats from scratch, I have done
            > it- but would rather try something else. Any ideas? Please!!
            > Thanks..Nikki.

            Hi Nikki, I had to make hats for the Music Man which are similar, I
            used old top hats and just cut the brim off and used cheap costume shop
            Police hat brims to attach to the front of the bucket, covered the hat
            with fabric in the colour I needed and voila! Hope this helps.
            Patricia - Costume Lady Creations
          • nelkiegrl
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
              Thanks you guys!! I feel like I definitely have some options now. I'll
              let you know how it turns out. -Nikki