"Earnest" in Plastic & Lace

  • TheCostumer Tara Maginnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2000
      "Earnest" in Plastic & Lace

      We are now in the final weekend of showing our production of "The
      Importance of Being Earnest" at Theatre UAF in Fairbanks Alaska. The
      costumes are made of a combination of traditional fabrics, clear
      plastic, lace and translucent shiny organzas. For full details of the
      "why" of doing this, the original renderings and reasearch, as well as
      many photos from the show, and the costume shop, go to
      http://www.costumes.org/pages/Earnest1.htm

      ----Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer/Associate Professor
      Chair of the Theatre Department of University of Alaska Fairbanks
      Website: "The Costumer's Manifesto" at http://www.costumes.org
      2001 UK Costume Tours:
      http://www.costumes.org/pages/uktour/uktripindex.htm