Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Major Work ideas

  • Sandrew
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006
      I may be on the wrong mental train here, but you should research the character art in world of warcraft. (WoW) It's an online game set in a fantasy world, and there are several different things you could do with it. For starters, the playable characters can be human, elf, dwarf, gnome or undead, orc, taurn or troll. The classes they can be are warlock, rogue, druid, hunter, shaman, warrior, paladin. It's my goal to someday build these costumes. Just an idea.

      Sandrew

      jilbyfuzz <shanntarra@...> wrote:
      Next year I will be in my final year of my costume construction degree.
      We are required to have a major costume work. We will be given 400
      bucks as a budget, and anything we can beg borrow , or "aquire". It is
      open to any kind of costume out there, any period, but it must showcase
      what all we can do.

      My major project this year was "The Bride" by Leon Baskt from the
      ballet "The Blue God". It is being sent to a London showcase in the
      spring. After doing a ballet costume I wanted to show off my period or
      fantacy work. I am looking for ideas , images, designs of garb. I am
      looking for something that if you were walking down the street and saw
      it you would stop and say WOW! or want pictures. This could be as
      extravagant as World of Wearable art. So throw the book at me.

      Currently i'm leaning toward one of the Terry Prachet Wizards for my
      hubby to model, or maybe a royal gown of some sort. Or maybe a grand
      fairy? Or full cavalier, or Knight or something. Hence why I need to
      pick your brains. So any ideas would be welcomed.