FormalWear

  • John Cox
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2000
      Greetings fellow members,

      I have set up a new discussion group dedicated to all aspects of
      formal dress, both male and female.

      Discussion in the new eGroup, called FormalWear, is intended to be
      limited to traditional formal dress, whether it be morning dress,
      full evening dress, or ball gown.

      Formal attire is unfortunately seen less often at the start of the
      twenty-first century than at any time in history. Its continued use
      should be encouraged, for both aesthetic and historical reasons.
      Elegant formal clothes enhance the enjoyment of any occasion, as
      members of The Costumers Manifesto group surely know.

      FormalWear will also cater for those who have a practical interest in
      formal attire as manufacturers or retailers. I welcome discussion of
      the types of formal attire, when and where it should be worn, its
      history, aspects of tailoring and styles, and contemporary issues
      such as synthetic versus natural fibres.

      The site is at http://www.egroups.com/group/FormalWear

      John Cox

      Moderator,
      FormalWear