Re: Liquid material

  • Curtis
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2006
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "showbizkid101"
      <showbizkid101@...> wrote:

      > Hi - i'm costume designing Metamorphoses for a high school in Philly.
      > If you don't know the show - it takes place in a pool on stage - the
      > set designer and director decided to replace the water in the pool
      > with material and asked my opinion of the most liquid like option.
      > Does anybody have any ideas?

      Define 'liquid-like'...are they talking about how the light would play
      off the material? Because there's really no way to get the fabric to
      'flow' around the characters the way water would...

      In terms of materials, I'd look at some of the mylar-treated spandex
      options that are out there, possibly using them with a colored mesh of
      some sort over the top to filter or tone down the reflectivity of the
      mylar. This time of year is good to look for those options, I know
      JoAnns carries them for Halloween but I don't generally see them any
      other time of year.