Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Costume work, NYC?

  • Julia Trimarco
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2006
      Dressing in NYC is a Union gig. Look up I.A.T.S.E. (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees) online to find the contact info for the Theatrical Wardrobe Union Local. As to Shop work, you can contact the commercial shops directly. For their contact info you can try www.tcg.org, Theatre Communications Group. They publish (online and in print) Artsearch, a subscription-based Theatrical Employment Listing. For free employment listings, you can also try www.playbill.com. Or you can get a hold of a copy of The New York Theatrical Sourcebook, by The Association of Theatrical Artists and Craftspeople, published by Sourcebook Press, Inc. in NYC.
      -jypsie

      nerraskaholly <nerraskaholly@...> wrote:

      Just wondering if anyone can help with some suggestions. I am looking
      to move to New York for a while and want to try and get some costume
      and dressing work and would like to try and get something before I go
      as it would help with my visa. I have just finished my Degree in
      Scotland would like a change of scene and new challenges. If anyone has
      anything which would help.

      Thank you Holly