request (sorta OT)

  • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2006
      Hey, everyone,

      Got a couple of things we're looking for. When I got back to work
      after our 2 weeks in CA, I found that my manager had rearranged my
      office. In the process, he decided to toss out some of my things,
      including my 2006 Erte calendar. (Don't ask me why. It's lucky he'd
      gone on vacation before I got back. They probably would have fired me
      after they arrested me).

      Of course, a replacement is not to be found at this late date. I
      would really like a copy since it had some designs I don't have in
      any of my Erte books. This one had a black and white design called,
      IIRC, Byzantine. If any of you have this and don't want it after the
      year ends or you know anywhere else I can find it, please let me
      know. This is NOT the alphabet calendar, or the one with 2 ladies in
      orange-ish outfits on the cover (which are the 2 easily found in a
      Google or Ebay search).

      Here's a link to the costume on the cover.

      <http://www.artamerica.com/a4s/ert-byz.shtml>

      We are also looking for a couple of other Erte designs we would like
      to do some day. Vandy Vandervort found framed versions of these at an
      art gallery a couple of year's ago and has them in her living room.
      We've found them on-line, Serigraphs for $10,000 each. I don't know
      if they're in any of the books (and I hate to just buy a whole bunch
      of them without knowing). These are Hera and Zeus. Here's a link to
      see what they look like.

      <http://www.gallerydirectart.com/dealer-gallery-of-serigraphs-and-giclee-s-ert--hera-and-zeus.html>

      Pierre

      "Those Who Fail To Learn History