Glove Patterns

  • Sith
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
      Does anyone have a good links for glove patterns?

      Most of the commercial companies (vogue, butterick, simplicity) only
      offer winter gloves or womens gloves.

      I need to be able to find some well fitting gloves for men and women
      that can be made out of non stretch fabric (silk duponi).

      So far I found bulky winter gloves and womens opera gloves.....
    • Poppy Shell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
        ALOHA: I made some wonderful gloves with no pattern by carefully taking
        apart ONE glove that had the look I liked. Save a glove mate to refer to
        and then use the pieces you have picked apart for a pattern. It was very
        simple to figure out how to sew the gloves. You can get some great old
        gloves at thrift shops. You do have to sew the tight parts by hand.
        Good Luck. Poppy on the island of Kauai
      • Kathy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2006
          Try this link - I've made the manly pursuits pattern and was very
          happy with it. The site owner is extremely helpful as well.

          http://www.patternstudio.com/glovegallery.htm

          Kathy

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Sith" <Sithvixen@...>