Costume History vs.Fashion suggested reading

  • catslave54
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2006
      I suggest "Hollywood and History:Costume Design in Film" by Edward
      Maeder.It shows historical fashions interpreted in the style of the
      day.The photo of the woman wearing a corset and crinolines under her
      toga is priceless) * THE STYLE OF THE DAY. * Current clothing style
      is Fashion.Decades past are Costumes,provided the decade is enough of
      a distance away from the current one.If you dress in 1980s
      style,people MAY not notice. But if you wear something from the
      70s,they WILL notice.And they will ask you what costume party you are
      attending. I rest my case. Elizabeth