Yet another odd inquiry...

  • Curtis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
      Hi, I'm back with another one, though by comparison to some of the odd
      questions I've asked, this one is downright normal.

      I am looking at refurbishing some costumes we've been using for a 60's
      'Mod' music review, and I'm in need of some hot pink fringe, in 24" or
      (prefereably) 36" lengths, at least a couple of yards. Everybody I've
      found who has the right length of fringe only has black or white,
      everyone I've found with hot pink has 12" fringe at best.

      Anybody got a good resource for this stuff? I'd appreciate any
      assistance. Thanks!
    • eponadrawslines
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
        http://www.siouxtrading.com/subcategory.asp?
        catID=13&subID=56&prodID=2702

        Have you tried here?
        Linda

        > Anybody got a good resource for this stuff? I'd appreciate any
        > assistance. Thanks!

      • Sylvia Rognstad
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
          Is it rayon fringe? You could dye it.
          Sylrog

          On Jul 5, 2006, at 1:51 AM, Curtis wrote:

          > Hi, I'm back with another one, though by comparison to some of the odd
          > questions I've asked, this one is downright normal.
          >
          > I am looking at refurbishing some costumes we've been using for a 60's
          > 'Mod' music review, and I'm in need of some hot pink fringe, in 24" or
          > (prefereably) 36" lengths, at least a couple of yards. Everybody I've
          > found who has the right length of fringe only has black or white,
          > everyone I've found with hot pink has 12" fringe at best.
          >
          > Anybody got a good resource for this stuff? I'd appreciate any
          > assistance. Thanks!

        • anniethings53
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
            Theatre House, www.theatrehouse.com, 1-800-827-2414, has 32" Chainette
            Fringe, item # 0643 for $18.50/yard in Fuchsia. It also comees in 18",
            item #0642, $10.50/yard. They also have a blacklight Cerise Glo 18"
            fringe, item #8405 for $19.95/yard. They're located in Covington,
            Kentucky. They ship quickly.

            Annie

            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Curtis" <gckidd@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi, I'm back with another one, though by comparison to some of the odd
            > questions I've asked, this one is downright normal.
            >
            > I am looking at refurbishing some costumes we've been using for a 60's
            > 'Mod' music review, and I'm in need of some hot pink fringe, in 24" or
            > (prefereably) 36" lengths, at least a couple of yards. Everybody I've
            > found who has the right length of fringe only has black or white,
            > everyone I've found with hot pink has 12" fringe at best.
            >
            > Anybody got a good resource for this stuff? I'd appreciate any
            > assistance. Thanks!

          • kathy_scoggins
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
              I've only found the longer lengths in black or white also. I've had
              really good luck dyeing rayon fringe (not poly). Be sure you put it
              in a mesh bag first or you'll have a tangled mess! I use a fiber
              reactive dye although I have used Rit on it at times.

              Kathy