Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Portfolio Help!!!

  • Sherry Ross
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2006
      which community Theatre group are you with? I'm with the Brampton Music Theatre , I'm producer for the Youth Troupe and costume designer for Main stage productions and youth troupe. I done over seven shows in two years and I take pictures during dress rehearsals and during fittings.
      Sherry

      Roberta <bertababe71@...> wrote:
      Hi All,

      I am a newbie to the group and costume designing. I currently volunteer
      as a costume designer at my local community theatre, where I have
      designed 7 shows so far this past year. Alas, I realise now that I
      should have been taking photos to build a portfolio of my work. I do
      have access to some archival photos that a photographer took of each
      show.

      My question is do you think these photos, if cropped and enlarged, would
      work for a portfolio or would I do better to take all the costumes from
      the shows and put them on a dressmakers dummy and take new photo's?

      Thanks for the help!!!

      Roberta

      Performing arts camp Performing arts schools Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

      Sherry Ross
      Costume Designer
      Peter Pan 2004
      Brampton Music Theatre

    • Sherry Ross

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2006
          I'm with the Tallahassee Little Theatre in Tallahassee Florida.
          I'm definitely going to start taking them during dress parade as we
          call it. I just hated to impose on the show's rehearsal time and we
          always have an archive photographer take pics so I figured I could
          always get copies of their pics.

          What size format works best for portfolios?

          Roberta

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Sherry Ross