Feather resources

  • senator_leia_solo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
      I am designing (along with a co-designer) a production of Disney's
      Beauty and the Beast this summer. We have designed Babette's enchanted
      costume and it calls for long feathers at the bottom of the skirt.
      Does anyone have good feather resources that are reasonable in price?
      We don't want to have to dye themselves and are looking for white into
      black or black into white or even brown and white together.

      Thanks!
      Jenni
    • mommabear1072@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
        In a message dated 6/2/2006 4:40:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
        jennidryden@... writes:

        Does anyone have good feather resources that are reasonable in price?

        _http://www.ostrichesonline.com/_ (http://www.ostrichesonline.com/)

        Ostriches Online is a great resource for feathers. Hope this helps!

      • K Murphy
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
          You can also try www.tonyhill.com (Lamplight Feathers), www.ostrichfeathers.com (Alani), and www.zuckerfeathers.com for comparison prices.

          jennidryden@... writes:

          Does anyone have good feather resources that are reasonable in price?

          _http://www.ostrichesonline.com/_ (http://www.ostrichesonline.com/)

          Ostriches Online is a great resource for feathers. Hope this helps!

          Performing arts camp Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
            http://www.tonyhill.net/ is also great.

          • iom315
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2006
              I get my feathers from American Plume.
              www.americanplume.com
              They are a wholesaler. When I started using them about 7 years ago they
              required a tax ID or resale license as well as meeting minimums, which
              are low. I assume that is still their policy.

              D.L. Dixon
              Ides of March Design Group, Ltd.
            • tonyhillnet
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 21, 2006
                Thanks for the good word. We always do our best to provide what you
                need and meet your deadlines.
                Tony Hill
                Lamplight Feather
                http://www.tonyhill.net/
              • guinevere_angel
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 5, 2006
                  Try www.ostrichesonline.com I've ordered from them. They are great.
                  They usually have a sale twice a year. I dont know if this will help
                  in time for your show, but maybe in the future.
                • Clay
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 7, 2006
                    I've used Zucker Feather and American Plume, both of whom have provided
                    excellent service over the years.