RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Latex / Rubber

  • Xochitl C. Small Bear
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2006
      Where are you based? I know that there are several teachers for making latex
      clothing in the bay area.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2006
        bay? Im Birmingham, UK.

        --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Xochitl C. Small Bear"
        <kittykatx@...> wrote:

        > Where are you based? I know that there are several teachers for
        making latex
        > clothing in the bay area.

      • Xochitl C. Small Bear
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2006
          Sorry that would be San Francisco, Ca. I would recommend starting with this
          book. She also teaches classes in London.

          http://www.quitespecificmedia.com/newsfeeds/laytex_01.html

          These people are based in your area and take custom work:

          http://www.libidex.com/index.asp

          http://www.faqs.org/faqs/alt-sex/fetish-fashion/part7/

          Hope these help you out.

          > Where are you based? I know that there are several teachers for
          making latex
          > clothing in the bay area.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Alexadbw@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2006
            In a message dated 5/16/2006 5:57:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            snowcoveredheart@... writes:

            and the most natural material to
            > do this with has to be latex..

            I would think Lycra would be a much better choice, or pleather. If it HAS to
            be latex you could use a lycra base, and apply the latex over the Lycra,
            while on the person who will wear it. (don't know how that would work) OR apply
            latex to fabric and proceed as if sewing any other rubberized fabric.

            Do you have a lot of fabric sources where you are? I know of a few in the UK
            if you are interested.
            Alexa

          • Roscoe Chicken
            Message 5 of 6 , May 17, 2006
              IIRC, some liquid latexes are toxic and not intended
              to come into contact with the skin until dry. Be sure
              to ask the distributor for the MSDS sheet on the
              material if you go this route.

              http://mail.yahoo.com