Latex / Rubber

  • Prosperine
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2006
      I need to make a harley quinn costume and the most natural material to
      do this with has to be latex.. but ive never even thought about
      creating clothes with the stuff before.

      any one got any suggestions? links? help?... Please...
    • Xochitl C. Small Bear
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2006
        Where are you based? I know that there are several teachers for making latex
        clothing in the bay area.

        I need to make a harley quinn costume and the most natural material to
        do this with has to be latex.. but ive never even thought about
        creating clothes with the stuff before.

        any one got any suggestions? links? help?... Please...

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Prosperine
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2006
          bay? Im Birmingham, UK.

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "Xochitl C. Small Bear"
          <kittykatx@...> wrote:

          > Where are you based? I know that there are several teachers for
          making latex
          > clothing in the bay area.

        • Xochitl C. Small Bear
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2006
            Sorry that would be San Francisco, Ca. I would recommend starting with this
            book. She also teaches classes in London.

            http://www.quitespecificmedia.com/newsfeeds/laytex_01.html

            These people are based in your area and take custom work:

            http://www.libidex.com/index.asp

            http://www.faqs.org/faqs/alt-sex/fetish-fashion/part7/

            Hope these help you out.

            > Where are you based? I know that there are several teachers for
            making latex
            > clothing in the bay area.

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Alexadbw@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 16, 2006
              In a message dated 5/16/2006 5:57:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              snowcoveredheart@... writes:

              and the most natural material to
              > do this with has to be latex..

              I would think Lycra would be a much better choice, or pleather. If it HAS to
              be latex you could use a lycra base, and apply the latex over the Lycra,
              while on the person who will wear it. (don't know how that would work) OR apply
              latex to fabric and proceed as if sewing any other rubberized fabric.

              Do you have a lot of fabric sources where you are? I know of a few in the UK
              if you are interested.
              Alexa

            • Roscoe Chicken
              Message 6 of 6 , May 17, 2006
                IIRC, some liquid latexes are toxic and not intended
                to come into contact with the skin until dry. Be sure
                to ask the distributor for the MSDS sheet on the
                material if you go this route.

                http://mail.yahoo.com