Re: costuming Beauty and The Beast

  • balazssavelli
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2006
      -Hi Annie,
      I did B&B last year, TWICE!
      Tell me what you want, think of, maybe I can get you in the right
      direction.
      One theatre I did it for, is renting the costums out, question is,
      when is your show going on, cause that theatre is producing it again
      in August.
      If you end up building the show, I have some ideas that might help.
      Let me know if I can help!!

      -- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "anniethings53"

    • Alexadbw@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2006
        In a message dated 5/13/2006 2:29:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        dabehrens@... writes:

        , and our summer
        production of Disney's Beauty and The Beast

        Where are you located?

      • anniethings53
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2006
          I am the costumer for the Eau Claire Children's Theatre in Eau Claire,
          Wisconsin, 90 miles east of Minneapolis. www.ecct.org.

          Months ago I contacted Chanhassen Dinner Theatre in MN, but they were
          already booked to rent their set of costumes for the dates we needed
          them, July 22-30. They have awesome costumes.
          We might be interested in renting some of the major costumes if they
          are the right style and price, but we haven't rented costumes for
          years. We rent out OUR costumes, so building our own set of B & B
          costumes has its advantages. I'm just trying to preserve my sanity
          with this project. I'm sure many of you will understand.

          Thanks,
          Annie

        • zonironi66@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2006
            We would be able to rent out our costumes rather inexpensively ($15-25 per
            costume). We've never done that before, as we are a fairly new school, but we
            have quite a few pieces. We built Cogsworth, Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, Gaston, six
            knives, six forks, six spoons, six dinner plates, two teacups, a sugar bowl
            and creamer set, a rug, 2 champagne flutes, and a champagne bottle (actually we
            purchased this item).
            We rented our wardrobe from a school in LaSalle Peru, Illinois called St.
            Bede Academy. We also rented the ballgown and Babette from them. They were very
            inexpensive. The contact there is Brother Mark. We rented the silly girls,
            the wolves, and the salt and pepper shakers from Archive Costumes (Hale Center
            Theatre) out of Utah. They rent by the piece, and they have some really
            great stuff. The blue Belle dress came from Northern State University in South
            Dakota. I believe the contact there was Daniel Yurgaitis (or something like
            that). The other company with great stuff I believe is called Red Door, but
            their stuff is usually booked far in advance.
            Let me know if you would like to see pictures of our show. Also, I have a
            file from Archive with all of their pictures, which are great. Would you like
            that, too? I'll talk to you soon.
            Jodi Prosser