Re: Update to "Is It Just Me?"

  • metholhill
    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2006
      Hi Andrea,
      I have worked with a school for 7 years now. For the first 6 shows
      as a volunteer and for the last one I actually got the costumers
      going rate - which I asked for and received. I am currently working
      on the next production as we speak and with a paycheque and the
      title of Costume Director. I am so sorry that your experience has
      not been a good one and I am so sorry that the director does not
      appreciate your time, contributions, talent and monetary injections
      into his/her shows. It is bad enough that you had to endure the
      unruly children without the support of the director/staff at the
      I think that in time they will come to realize how much they miss
      your input, but for now I agree the best thing you can do is to
      either walk away being the better person, or yes I do agree that a
      letter explaining "volunteerism" is in order and wishing them well
      would be good too. I know that my first instinct would be to let
      them know what I think of them, but burning bridges and all that.
      The best revenge of course would be to start your own costume
      business. Have you considered that? I am in the process of doing
      that myself and I have also found another school to volunteer at. I
      have been very fortunate in that the staff I work with support me
      always. I wish you the best, feel free to email me if you want.
      Patricia - Costume Lady Creations

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "anniethings53"