  • Judith Cataldo
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 1:26 PM
      >To be even straighter it is actually the BBC adaptation.
      >(I have watched my video so often the tape is wearing thin)
      >I particularly love the embroidery shown with the titles.
      >I adore the clothing even though I agree with my mother when she remarked
      >that it looks like they are all running around in their nightdresses.

      Then you HAVE to get the DVD as it has additional footage and "making of"
      scenes. The book, The Making of Pride and Prejudice by Sue Birtwistle and
      Susie Conklin has a chapter on the costumes with info on the design and
      research. There is a drawing of the designers sketch with notes for Miss
      Bingley's yellow gown overlaid with the finished garment on the actress. I
      just may need to watch this again tomorrow...

      Judy
      judycat@...
      Colonial Spinning Bee 5/21/06
      A mingling of modern and historic spinning
      http://home.earthlink.net/~judycat/id2.html
      St Distaff Day in Westford 1/7/07
      http://home.earthlink.net/~judycat/index.html
      NHSW May 13-14 Kimball Dairy Barn