Need really durable fans

  • catslave54
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2006
      Nobody is getting hit over the head with them,but the actresses are
      just snapping these open and they are NOT holding up! Neither the
      paper OR lace ones. Where do Spanish dancers get theirs? Where can you
      get them in other colors than "wedding white"? And other sizes? I'm
      tired of trying to repair broken fans.Help! Elizabeth
    • Kathy Hannon (no longer Pawl)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2006
        You might try esflamenco.com - it's a website that carries all the flamenco dance dresses, shawls, fans, etc. I believe they are usually fabric or wood, or a combo of both rather than just lace so you should be able to spray them, or they may actually carry a color you could use.

        http://www.esflamenco.com/scripts/list/enlist.asp?frmIdList=145

        If that doesn't work, go with Japanese War fans, they're metal and are what the ladies of royal households used as self defence.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_fan

        Hope this helps!

        Kat

        catslave54 <zimmermanel@...> wrote:
        Nobody is getting hit over the head with them,but the actresses are
        just snapping these open and they are NOT holding up! Neither the
        paper OR lace ones. Where do Spanish dancers get theirs? Where can you
        get them in other colors than "wedding white"? And other sizes? I'm
        tired of trying to repair broken fans.Help! Elizabeth

        Performing arts camp Performing arts schools Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

        =^.^=

        "If a man could be crossed with a cat,
        It would improve the man,
        but it would deteriorate the cat."