gold metal Victorian spangles needed

  • tjchatham
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2006
      I've a friend trying to repair an ancient Victorian stole (vestment)
      and is in need of a few gold Victorian (19th century) spangles....
      gold metal ones that are about 4mm in diameter and quite thin,
      maybe .5mm thick with a hole in the middle. Would anyone know of a
      source for "antique" Victorian spangles? Also known as paillettes?
      These are metal, not the plastic ones of today. She needs 22 of them,
      if possible. Can anyone suggest a place to look for these?
      Tess
    • kittykatx@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24, 2006
        I would call lacis in berkeley ca. They carry quiet a few of them for repair on thier garments.

        Hope this is helpful-
        xochitl

        From: "tjchatham" <tjchatham@...>

        > I've a friend trying to repair an ancient Victorian stole (vestment)
        > and is in need of a few gold Victorian (19th century) spangles....
        > gold metal ones that are about 4mm in diameter and quite thin,
        > maybe .5mm thick with a hole in the middle. Would anyone know of a
        > source for "antique" Victorian spangles? Also known as paillettes?
        > These are metal, not the plastic ones of today. She needs 22 of them,
        > if possible. Can anyone suggest a place to look for these?
        > Tess
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • serenpoly
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 25, 2006
          Another source, which I have used quite a bit and am a very satisfied
          customer of, is Hedgehog Handworks.

          http://www.hedgehoghandworks.com/catalog/metal_threads_spangles_paillet
          tes.shtml

          There're no pictures, but if that's is an issue, give them a call
          (phone on website) and ask for help. You'll get it, and they do (or
          did) have a print catalog with details.

          HTH.

          -- Emc^2

          --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "tjchatham"
          <tjchatham@...> wrote:

          > I've a friend trying to repair an ancient Victorian stole (vestment)
          > and is in need of a few gold Victorian (19th century) spangles....
          > gold metal ones that are about 4mm in diameter and quite thin,
          > maybe .5mm thick with a hole in the middle. Would anyone know of a
          > source for "antique" Victorian spangles? Also known as paillettes?
          > These are metal, not the plastic ones of today. She needs 22 of
          them,
          > if possible. Can anyone suggest a place to look for these?
          > Tess

        • tjchatham
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26, 2006
            --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "serenpoly"
            <Elizabeth_McCrary@...> wrote:

            > Another source, which I have used quite a bit and am a very
            satisfied
            > customer of, is Hedgehog Handworks.

            http://www.hedgehoghandworks.com/catalog/metal_threads_spangles_paill
            et
            > tes.shtml
            >
            > There're no pictures, but if that's is an issue, give them a call
            > (phone on website) and ask for help. You'll get it, and they do
            (or
            > did) have a print catalog with details.
            >
            > HTH.

            Thanks for that website. I think the size #8 - 3/16" paillettes will
            probably be the closest to what she's looking for, although it is
            really about 5mm instead of 4mm. But the size #24 - 1/8" are closer
            to 3mm. The price and the amount $3.50 for 29 gold paillettes is
            reasonable and just enough for what she needs. It's an interesting
            website. I'll have to check out this company for myself, too. I do a
            lot of embroidery with silk, linen and metal threads. Thanks again.
            Tess
          • Deborah Rand
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2 5:28 PM
              Try: