RE: [TheCostumersManifesto] Renaissance slashes

  • eshchory
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 22 12:42 AM
      > I absolutely *love* fulled wool, but where on earth do you find it
      anymore?

      I don't know where you can buy it but I make it myself. With the returning
      to fashion of knitting fulling (or felting) has also become popular. Felting
      happens when you wash wool to vigour sly especially if the temperature is a
      little high.
      Most 'how to' tell you dip your wool garment in a bowls of hot and cold
      water then squeeze out the water energetically.

      I like a strong felt for bags or mittens and I am lazy so I stick my
      garments (moth-eaten lambs' wool is an excellent choice) in the washing
      machine, 40C on the vigorous wash. They come out heavily matted but
      surprisingly supple.

      EstherS