Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Hi I am new to this list

  • Julia Trimarco
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2006
      Hi, I am also a professional costumer living in Seattle, currently working at the 5th Avenue Theatre. I also have a large collection of patterns. Perhaps in the future we might be a resource for eachother. Have you ever made costumes for theatre, school, community, or otherwise?
      -Julia

      Josephine Marchetti <muffy48@...> wrote:
      Hi, My name is Jo Marchetti, I live in the state of
      Washington, near Seattle. I love to sew and have
      collected patterns for all things including costumes
      for 30 years. I am especially interested in the
      victorian era but like all costuming. I am excited to
      join your list and look forward to hearing from all of
      you in the future. Thanks for lettling me join.

      Jo

    • balazssavelli
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9, 2006
        -All I can say is welcome Jo!!

        You will love it here.
      • Josephine Marchetti
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 10, 2006
          No I am not a professional costumer although its
          sounds interesting. I am an ophthalmic teck at group
          health optometry at Northgate. I have just made
          costumes for my daughter and I am gathering costumes
          together to make a wordrobe of the 19th century
          clothes mostly for reenactment. I have never done that
          yet but dont know where I could make an 1800's dress
          and ware it. I just love that era. I have sewn since
          the 7th grade in hightschool. And love it. It would be
          fun to get together sometime. I have just recently
          moved to Kent,
          washington from Lynnwood, to be nearer my married
          daughter in Renton, so most of my stuff is still
          packed away. I am slowly unpacking books, patterns and
          fabric mostly. But when I get my sewing room set up
          you will have to come over. That would be fun. Your
          job sounds interesting. How did you start doing that?
          I am curious.

          Jo

          --- Julia Trimarco <eilonwy14@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I am also a professional costumer living in
          > Seattle, currently working at the 5th Avenue
          > Theatre. I also have a large collection of patterns.
          > Perhaps in the future we might be a resource for
          > eachother. Have you ever made costumes for theatre,
          > school, community, or otherwise?
          > -Julia
          >
          > Josephine Marchetti <muffy48@...> wrote:
          > Hi, My name is Jo Marchetti, I live in the state
          > of
          > Washington, near Seattle. I love to sew and have
          > collected patterns for all things including costumes
          > for 30 years. I am especially interested in the
          > victorian era but like all costuming. I am excited
          > join your list and look forward to hearing from all
          > of
          > you in the future. Thanks for lettling me join.
          >
          > Jo

          > to:

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
          >

          > ---------------------------------

          > removed]

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Barbara
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2006
            -Hi Jo!

            I'm new here too, so we can be newbies together. Victorian clothing is
            awesome. I quoted a fairly fancy walking gown for a young lady who
            wanted to wear it to go see "A Christmas Carol," but it was a bit too
            pricey for a college student. I sure wish I had gotten to sew it!

            Barbara