Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Re: How to make/wear a Thai "pha nung" or "jong krabane"

  • Lisa Diesslin
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2006
      That's a great suggestion - thanks so much!

      -- "balazssavelli" <balazssavelli@...> wrote:
      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, "LDiesslin"
      <LDiesslin@...> wrote:
      > I am costuming a production of "The King and I." It's a community
      > theatre production but I am trying to be as accurate as possible.
      > anyone give me instructions for putting on a pha nung? I've been
      > searching and only can find general instructions such as "cloth
      > gathered together and threaded between the legs." How much fabric is
      > needed? Thanks for your help! Lisa

      I did King & I last year and ended up making them as pants (kind of).
      The look was accurate but didn't have to go through the trouble putting
      them on!
      With a bunch of kids, lots of changes it is almost impossible.
      Cut the front and back separate, like a big triangle, pleated the top
      and arranged them on the bodies until got the right look.
      Finally put a wide waistband on. It really works nicely and saves a lot
      of headache during the run.

      <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

      SPONSORED LINKS Performing arts camp Performing arts schools School of performing arts Center for the performing arts Performing arts center <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| --><!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

      <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->