Hi I am new to this list

  • Josephine Marchetti
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2006
      Hi, My name is Jo Marchetti, I live in the state of
      Washington, near Seattle. I love to sew and have
      collected patterns for all things including costumes
      for 30 years. I am especially interested in the
      victorian era but like all costuming. I am excited to
      join your list and look forward to hearing from all of
      you in the future. Thanks for lettling me join.

      Jo

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • CF Prez
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7, 2006
        welcome to the list jo !! federal way/NE tacoma here ! i'm mostly a reader
        here

        can anyone on the list recommend a TOP NOTCH Star Trek Original Series tunic
        maker?

        I'm interested in the 1st season velour with the slight sheen (sparkle) and
        the hidden full zipper... the gentleman who was making them is no longer
        offering them, and the bummer part was that he was offering the original
        fabric as an option... i would hope so for $350.00 a pop !!

        post here or feel free to email me offlist...

        thanks in advance
        dave

        >Hi, My name is Jo Marchetti, I live in the state of
        >Washington, near Seattle. I love to sew and have
        >collected patterns for all things including costumes
        >for 30 years. I am especially interested in the
        >victorian era but like all costuming. I am excited to
        >join your list and look forward to hearing from all of
        >you in the future. Thanks for lettling me join.
        >
        >Jo
      • Steven Sorton
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2006
          Dave,

          I believe we can do these. Write to us at shadow_dale_creations@... for more information, and check out our website for samples of our work.

          Steve
          Lord Ironwulf

          Shadow Dale Creations
          Live Your Fantasy!
          Armor, Costumes, Fashion, and Movie Reproductions.
          Custom Orders Welcome
          http://www.shadowdalecreations.com

          "Switch off the mind and let the heart decide who you were meant to be..." - Thomas Dolby

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 9, 2006
              -All I can say is welcome Jo!!

              You will love it here.
            • Josephine Marchetti
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 10, 2006
                No I am not a professional costumer although its
                sounds interesting. I am an ophthalmic teck at group
                health optometry at Northgate. I have just made
                costumes for my daughter and I am gathering costumes
                together to make a wordrobe of the 19th century
                clothes mostly for reenactment. I have never done that
                yet but dont know where I could make an 1800's dress
                and ware it. I just love that era. I have sewn since
                the 7th grade in hightschool. And love it. It would be
                fun to get together sometime. I have just recently
                moved to Kent,
                washington from Lynnwood, to be nearer my married
                daughter in Renton, so most of my stuff is still
                packed away. I am slowly unpacking books, patterns and
                fabric mostly. But when I get my sewing room set up
                you will have to come over. That would be fun. Your
                job sounds interesting. How did you start doing that?
                I am curious.

                Jo

                --- Julia Trimarco <eilonwy14@...> wrote:

                > Hi, I am also a professional costumer living in
                > Seattle, currently working at the 5th Avenue
                > Theatre. I also have a large collection of patterns.
                > Perhaps in the future we might be a resource for
                > eachother. Have you ever made costumes for theatre,
                > school, community, or otherwise?
                > -Julia
                >
                > Josephine Marchetti <muffy48@...> wrote:
                > Hi, My name is Jo Marchetti, I live in the state
                > of
                > Washington, near Seattle. I love to sew and have
                > collected patterns for all things including costumes
                > for 30 years. I am especially interested in the
                > victorian era but like all costuming. I am excited
                > join your list and look forward to hearing from all
                > of
                > you in the future. Thanks for lettling me join.
                >
                > Jo

                > to:

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                >

                > ---------------------------------

                > removed]

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Barbara
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 11, 2006
                  -Hi Jo!

                  I'm new here too, so we can be newbies together. Victorian clothing is
                  awesome. I quoted a fairly fancy walking gown for a young lady who
                  wanted to wear it to go see "A Christmas Carol," but it was a bit too
                  pricey for a college student. I sure wish I had gotten to sew it!

                  Barbara