Special Effect Supply

  • Curtis Kidd
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006
      > From: "~lisa.s" <llsturts@...>
      > Subject: Foam latex
      >
      > I'm looking for a source for foam latex for making
      > special effects appliances.
      >
      > Anyone had dealings with Cybergraphic Designs
      > <http://www.getspfx.com/>which is located in Cleveland
      > Ohio or Special
      > Effect Supply Corporation <http://www.fxsupply.com/>
      > located in Utah.

      I actually live about ten minutes up the highway from
      Special Effect Supply, and have purchased a LOT of makeup
      from them over the years. Highly recommend them, they're
      very good to work with (although Steve does have a tendency
      to sometimes substitute similar products from different
      brands to try and save you some money or some time in
      shipping from the makeup companies...but if you specify no
      substitutions, he's happy enough to do it your way. Where
      you're ordering foam latex, he quite likely has it in
      stock, no waiting...)

      Steve's very knowledgeable, pleasant to do business with,
      and if you have any questions about how to use his
      products, he will often talk you through it or include
      information with the product when he ships it. I've been
      equally satisfied when I've had him ship stuff to me (I
      didn't always live this close) or when I've stopped in to
      pick stuff up--and he's even stayed late on a couple of
      occasions when I got caught in traffic trying to get to him
      to pick stuff up for a show that night.

      Feel free to email me directly if you've got any specific
      questions I haven't addressed.

      Curtis Kidd

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Kit and Josef Matulich