Pages from antique magazines posted

  • Hope Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2006
      I have posted 7 pages of braiding designs and 9 pages of fashion
      engravings with braiding designs (although one is actually a design to
      use on a jacket) from pre-1866 magazines. Several of the plates are
      clear enough you could copy the braiding design. According to the
      antique magazines, these were to be used for couching of heavy thread
      or thin cord, or to do a chain stitch. Of course, they are also
      suitable for quilting.

      http://hometown.aol.com/HopeWSew

      They will be available for about a month, then will be replaced with
      other scans from antique magazines in my collection, so please save to
      your hard drive or print them if you want them as reference.