Re: Costumer vs Director

  • balazssavelli
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2006
      -Hi,
      in community theatres I tell them what they can or can not have.
      Last year had the same problem with a director while working on The
      King and I.
      Even though I had VERY limited budget, got some beautiful stuff from
      India and Thailand, even beaded shoes.
      In any case, she wanted 11 ballgowns with hoopskirts and all, for the
      party scene. (totally copied the movie by the way)
      Had to tell her it was inpossible. I can give them Broadway quality if
      they give me Broadway budget AND salary!
      The show came out absolutely beautiful by the way, even that scene was
      great.
      In professional theatre everything works differently. But you can and
      have to discuss budget problems!