Re: Digest Number 1513

  • senator_leia_solo
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2006
      The budget is awesome. I was an intern at the PA Ren Fair a few
      years ago and they only had 10K for all of the costumes for 120
      people for the entire summer! So I know we can make this show really
      beautiful. I'm a little worried because I'm not finding really good
      quality rentals so far. I've been looking all week and they might
      have one or two really strong costumes then the rest are crap.
      There's one place I worked with recently that does beautiful work
      and I'm waiting to see photos of what they've built recently for
      another client. I'm coming to the conclusion that I may be designing
      and building a LOT for this show. The staff have very high
      expectations since this program has a regional reputation of being
      the best summer drama program for youth and has over a 30 year
      reputation for it. Tina Fey of SNL fame went through the program
      here.

      I don't get paid enough either but working with the kids more than
      outweighs the paycheck, plus I do get paid better than any other
      high school pays in the entire metro area. I don't feel like it's
      work either when I'm having fun with the kids.

      There's a woman here who has been doing stage makeup for 25 years
      and has volunteered her services for B&B. We're going to start
      training a makeup crew in May specifically for this show. Bless her
      heart b/c I really need her given I know very little about stage
      makeup. I know what I want it to look like, just don't always know
      how to get there. :)

      Sounds like you are having a blast on Aida! Post pictures when it's
      done!

      --- In TheCostumersManifesto@yahoogroups.com, Curtis Kidd