Re: [TheCostumersManifesto] Norwegian bunad pattern

  • The Christiansens
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 19, 2006
      i have heard it as boon-AHD, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is
      the correct pronunciation.

      Denise

      On Mar 19, 2006, at 10:47 AM, Michele Milunas wrote:

      > Oh, I meant to ask: how do you pronounce "bunad"? BUN-ad or Bun-AD?
      >
      > Michele

    • Spidra Webster
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 19, 2006
        Emphasis on the first syllable.

        On Mar 19, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Michele Milunas wrote:

        > Oh, I meant to ask: how do you pronounce "bunad"? BUN-ad or Bun-AD?
        >
        > Michele

        > Spidra Webster
        http://www.spidra.com
      • Michele Milunas
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 19, 2006
          "Takk", Denise and Spidra!

          Michele

          On Mar 19, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Michele Milunas wrote:

          > Oh, I meant to ask: how do you pronounce "bunad"? BUN-ad or Bun-AD?
          >
          > Michele

          > Spidra Webster
          http://www.spidra.com

          Performing arts center

        • Cynthia Spilsted
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 13, 2007
            You can get a pattern direct from Norway, or you can google for Scandinavian Folk Costume patterns. If you want to make it closer to your district of Norway, then look on the Husfliden website to see the colours and decorations. Our Sons of Norway lodge has made 'fantasy' bunads this year - that is, not of any district....
            Good luck!
            C.

            The Christiansens <rtc@...> wrote:
            I am of Norwegian descent, and will also be heading up the church Jul
            Fest bazaar and craft sale this December. I would like to make myself
            a bunad (norwegian folk costume) to wear for the event. I have visited
            many sites, and looked at many pictures. I was wondering if such a
            thing exists as a pattern to make one? I have Margo's Elizabethan
            patterns, and thought that some of the vests looked similar to a
            split-skirt bodice.

            Can anyone help? I have just about google-d myself into a spin!

            Denise in WI

            Performing arts camp Performing arts schools School of performing arts Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

          • Bo Persson
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 14, 2007
              Maybe I can help? I am not Norwegian but Swedish. I attended a
              conference in Oslo a month ago. A man called Bjørn Sverre Hol Haugen
              from The National Council for Folk Costumes gave a paper about
              Norwegian Bunad. I would guess he may be able to help you, or he can
              tell you who to contact.
              Email me private and I will give you his email address.
              Good luck.
              Bo
              Bo Persson, M.A.
              Independent Fashion Researcher
              bo_persson@...
              Skype name: bossep64
              http://bopersson64.wordpress.com/
              http://culturedevelopmentandresearch-cedar.freehomepage.com/
              http://boperssonsblogg.blogspot.com/
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/76021273@N00/
              http://www.cig.canon-europe.com/a?i=0sgcbH0TLC

              14 jun 2007 kl. 06.27 skrev Cynthia Spilsted:

              > You can get a pattern direct from Norway, or you can google for
              > Scandinavian Folk Costume patterns. If you want to make it closer
              > to your district of Norway, then look on the Husfliden website to
              > see the colours and decorations. Our Sons of Norway lodge has made
              > 'fantasy' bunads this year - that is, not of any district....
              > Good luck!
              > C.
              >
              > The Christiansens <rtc@...> wrote:
              > I am of Norwegian descent, and will also be heading up the church Jul
              > Fest bazaar and craft sale this December. I would like to make myself
              > a bunad (norwegian folk costume) to wear for the event. I have visited
              > many sites, and looked at many pictures. I was wondering if such a
              > thing exists as a pattern to make one? I have Margo's Elizabethan
              > patterns, and thought that some of the vests looked similar to a
              > split-skirt bodice.
              >
              > Can anyone help? I have just about google-d myself into a spin!
              >
              > Denise in WI

              > Performing arts camp Performing arts schools School of performing
              > arts Center for the performing arts Performing arts center

            • Ms Kristine Hudson
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 14, 2007
                Hi there!
                My brother lives in Norway, and while visiting him
                this past February, I picked up some Norwegian
                patterns and a pattern catalog. The Catalog is
                Stoff & Stil.<www.stoffogstil.no> There are
                traditional festival dress patterns available. (There,
                in Norway, you have to be certified to be considered
                worthy enough to construct the official dress for
                festivals, Verry protective of their heritage) <G> ;-D

                Hope this helps!;-D
                Kristine

                http://tv.yahoo.com/